Child Behavior Expert Forum
6 year old behaviour

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

6 year old behaviour

My 6 year old occasionally throws tantrums at school , refuses to listen and sometimes talks back to teachers. He does not do it much at home, the few times it happens at home we enforce discipline and it is usually effective. On occasions I have tried to ask him why he misbehaves and he tells me some bad guys get into his head and tell him not to listen. Sometimes he says some little people get in his head and today he said a little red man got into his head. Usually that response comes after he has been pressed to explain his bad behavior. He loves his reacher so much and speaks highly of her which makes his bad behavior even more confusing. Is there something to the little people /bad guys/little red man? Or is it just a little boy trying to explain bad behavior ?
There is absolultey nothing to those explanations. In fact, it never makes sense to ask young children why they behave in a certain manner. They don't have the cognitive skills or introspection to reply in a sensible fashion. The behavior should be handled by straightforward limit setting and discipline and it will stop.