6 year old school tantrums
I have a 6 years old son who is very smart and usually very well behaved, but he's had about 4 tantrums in school in the past 3 months.  I've noticed that most of his tantrums have been triggered by his frustration about things. For example, one of the tantrums was because he accidently ripped his notebook paper. Another was because he didn't know the answers to a test he was working on. He also gets upset sometimes when his teacher tells him "no". He does not become aggressive during his tantrums, he mostly cries for several minutes and refuses to talk to anyone. Sometimes he will also remove his shoes. He had some crying spells when he was in kindergarten also. He was evaluated by the school guidance counselor last year, who did not find anything abnormal about him at the time.

He is a very smart child who reads and writes very well, and he gets along well with his classmates. He had temper tantrums at home when he was about 3 years old but no longer has them. He does sometimes get teary eyed when he doesn't get his way at home, but he does not throw tantrums about anything, so I don't understand why he is having that problem in school. He says that he likes his teacher and his friends, but he doesn't like school and he doesn't know why.

4 tantrums in 3 months?  If that is all, I think he is doing really well actually.  :)

If we only had 4 in a week it would be a great week.

He sounds like a great kid.  

He doesn't like school though....is he an anxious kid?