6 year old showing private parts
My child  has been showing his private parts to other children on and off over the past year.  He admits to doing this and it has happened with several other children, boys and girls.  They are showing him as well, sometimes my son starts it and other times he is the follower.  We have discussed this with him at great length and thought we had gotten thru to him and he understood that this was not ok, but has done it again. I am concerned at the repeated behavior, and wondering if this is no longer "normal" exploration? And what to do next?
I think it is time for him to have some consequences.  I would be sure to communicate with his teacher or anybody that keeps him.  They need to be sure he doesn't leave their sight.  You might want to tell him if he does it again, you will take away his privilidges (no fun, TV, toys with bath, stories, singing at bedtime, etc) and he will not be allowed to play with other children (for however long you see fit.  a whole day?)  Even if he acts like he doesn't care, follow through.  This needs to be nipped in the bud.
Good luck and God Bless
hello mother of the exploring child.  I have been experiencing the same 'trials' with my 5 year old daughter. And I can honestly say that musicmam is completely WRONG.  Negative attention draws negative behavior.   The answer posted above seems like that of either an 'old school' mother or a very young mother.  I've been doing research and here is the best information I've found and thought you could use as well.

http://www.****.com

Hope you find it as peaceful as I have.

Best of luck!