Child Behavior Community
6-year old son's inappropriate behavior with mother

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My six-year-old keeps trying to french kiss me and be "passionate" as if he's imitating something he's seen or heard. I know he hasn't seen this on TV (his TV viewing is closely monitored) and he doesn't even masturbate yet, so I'm not sure why he's suddenly fixated on kissng me and trying to caress my breasts and acting "passionate" all of a sudden. This came on quite suddenly and I finally had to get mad at him and put him on a time-out, which he didn't understand. Why this sudden behavior?
I beleive this is just curiosity on the childs part.I recently had same worry regarding 6 yr.old grandson's behaviour,i contacted a professional regarding his behaviour,and as Superman is his hero,he was focusing on "Superman" kissing "Mary Jane" and wanted to "try out" what it was all about!!! I then told him it was something that "grown up's do when they love each other.He was satisfied with my explanition,and when he next watched "Superman"he said to me"Nanna,look,he loves "Mary Jane"and now when he watches his "hero" he accepts it's because "they" love one another.No more questions arise.We are living in a different generation,and times have changed,and with the answer i gave to him,his curiousity has been satisfied.So i think DD1963 has nothing to worry about.
He had to have seen it somewhere, maybe at a friend's house?  He obviously didn't think there was anything wrong with it, due to his reaction when you put him in time out.  I think it would be better to just explain to him that we don't kiss or touch anyone like that.  He probably is very confused as to why you got so mad.  Talk to him and make sure he understands, but don't make too big a deal of it.  Ask him where he saw this, letting him know that nobody will be in trouble.
I agree with mammo.  He had to have seen it or experienced it somewhere.  I, also, would ask him where he saw this.  If he has been with a woman (teacher, family friend, babysitter, etc.) who has done this to him, you need to be aware of that.  You need to explain that God created different kinds of relationships.  Let him know that this behavior is something for husbands and wives (mommies and daddies) to do but is not appropriate for mothers and sons.  Then, explain to him what is an appropriate way for him to show his love for you.  
DD,  I agree with the others.  He's seen this behavior.  

I'm a firm believer that boys brains tell them what to do - how to have sex - from a very early age.  They know what to do by the time they're about 8,  where girls are shocked and clueless when they hear how babies are made.

On the other hand,  he's exhibiting behavior that's in the movies or he's seen an adult couple having sex,  or 6th graders acting out on the bus.  

WAY back in the day,  one of my son's friends (4 years old at the time) said Jessica Rabbit's voice makes my penis get long.  Wow.  This is what innocent boys say,  responding to their biology.

Your son is responding to something he has witnessed,  IMHO.  

I will talk to him and see if I can't figure out where he saw this behavior, and then we will talk about what is appropriate. I think he was just "acting out" something he'd seen. Thank you.
my son in law who is mid 30s was today making playdo breasts and a penis with my grandson who is 3 yrs old!  My grandson is very sexually aware for a 3 year old and I am very concerned that my son in law is abusing him.  Am I being paranoid and over reacting?  any help would be much appreciated, as my daughter doesn't seem to see the problem.
Ambretta, you would probably get more responses if you post this as its own question.  Sometimes an addition to an old thread gets lost in the shuffle.

I think it sounds bad.  Breasts and penis at age 3?  And very sexually aware?  He is certainly seeing things that most 3-year-olds don't see.  Is there something wrong mentally with your son-in-law such that he would be fixated on showing sexual things to a small child?
Hi Annie and thanks for the comment.  I think there is a mental issue with my son in law as he was abused as a child by his mother and I think also that because my daughter adores her son that he does this to try and ruin the child because he is jealous of his son and the attention.  I am not sure what to do about this. But thanks for replying.