Child Behavior Community
6yo son naked wrestling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

6yo son naked wrestling

A few months ago my son hopped in the shower with me and while showering he pushed himself on my leg and got an erection, I immediatley called my husband to come take him out of the shower while i continued...Today he had a friend over for a play date and when we went up to the playroom to check on them thy were both naked and wrestling on the floor...My son had an erection...We immediatley made them dress and explained to them how inappropriate this is...His friend did not seem "aroused" by this play and seemed to be the unwilling participant in this game...I am beside myself that there is something wrong with my sweet little boy. Should he be experiencing these feelings as young as he is (hes 7 next month)...I want to be able to trust him with his buddies, both male and female but at this time im so afraid in case he tries to entice them into some kind of naked play again...He told my husband it felt good...Can you give me some suggestions on how to deal with this and explain to him that this kind of play is wrong, but at the same time i dont want to give him some kind of sexual anxiety either but i also dont want him to grow up into some kind of sexual deviant...I realize this is a little extreme but hes my only child and i have no experience as to how to deal with this and i dont want to talk to my friends for fear thy may not want their children over to play again either...

This discussion is related to Little Boys exposing themselves.
Hi there

wow this is awkward for you!

I have three boys and none of mine have ever done anything like this. He sounds like he may be one of those children who develops a lot earlier than his friends. Some children are able to have sex at 12 or even younger.

Where others don't develop fully until quite a few years later.

When girls go though precocious puberty and start developing breasts at eight or younger and pubic hair the doctors can do something to slow down their development.

I am not sure if the same sort of thing is available for boys or even that your child is developing early (a doctor would have to do tests to check for that)

Babies can get erections and little boys it is just mostly they don't do anything about it . You are going to have to do something as he will be invited to lots of parties and as he gets older you won't be there to check on him.

I would speak to your doctor just incase . He may do some tests that will put your mind at rest that he is developing normally for his age .

Good luck x
A lot of men on this site write about beginning to masturbate at quite early ages, some mentioning age 6.  My guess is that in response to the part of your question about whether he is getting erections too early, the answer is probably that it is pretty normal for some kids to get their hormones that early.  Certainly babies have erections, there is no reason a boy couldn't.  

But the acting out is worrisome, simply because he shouldn't.  In other words, he needs to get the message clearly that just because to him, something feels good, it doesn't mean he gets to strip his friends and rub on them.  He should know this anyway from other contexts, that you don't force things on people.  You say he's an only child, is he allowed to get away with less-than-desirable behavior in other areas of his life due to the forcefulness of his impulse to do it?  If so, it's time for him to learn that wanting to do something "because it feels good" is not always a proper justification, and to understand that it is wrong to force other people into doing things or accepting his actions just because he has the impulse to do them.