Child Behavior Expert Forum
7 Year Old Major Tantrums
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

7 Year Old Major Tantrums

OK, I've read all the posts about this, and first and foremost it's a good idea to leave the child until they calm down. I've taken away electronics. For many, many days at a time!

So here's the issue...

She shares a bedroom with her sister. Many tantrums happen before bed. What do I do about my other daughter? Plus, my son is right next door. Last night she was convinced she was going to sleep under her bed where the cat was. Absolutely not!

Thinking about it now, maybe I should of let her stay there knowing it wasn't going to work out. BUT... once I got her out of under the bed, I left them, and came back to both girls out of bed with flashlights. When I started to take it away and tell them to get to sleep, she freaked out. She gets so angry and reacts immediately. She even hits me or my other daughter. Actually, both girls get physical with eachother; they are only 17 months apart.

But what do I do about this tantruming before bed, when I can't just leave her there with her sister?! 1. Because her sister can't go to sleep, and 2. Because her sister gets out of bed as well. Her sister is 8 years old.

Thanks for the help.
242606_tn?1243786248
Some of the time questions can be directly addressed via a Forum such as this. At other times it really is sensible to pursue a situation with a Behavioral Health clincian. That is what I think you should do. You definitely need help with behavior management. That is what you should describe as the reason you are seeking help if you decide to make an appointment with a Behavioral Health clinician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of the pediatric population.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank