7 year old Lying and Nightmares
My son is almost 7 years old.  He lies about everything and states he does it because he doesn't want to get into trouble.  He always comes up with an excuse.  He rarely listens.  So  I have tried various behavioral modifications: taking away toys, video games, timeout in room without TV, reading,shouting and nothing seems to work.
Now he is complaining of nightmares, he states the red monster with black eyes is always around him and that's always on his mind. That's why he is doesn't pay attention.
he is an above average reader and math student (first grade) however he consistently gets complaints from teacher about not listening and staying on task.
I am at wits end I think I have tried everything with him and its not working.  i am a single Mom and I am now questioning my ability to help him as he clearly needs help.  Do I need to take for a psychiatric evaluation or testing to figure out what's going on with him?
Report this