Child Behavior Community
7 year old daughter touch freinds private places help!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My kid she is seven, and I am concern if she had child abuse from her behavior. is this is a sign of child abuse, as she like to hug our male freinds and like to put her hands on their private places, I talked to her that she should keep her hand for her self and we don't hug every body comes to our house and kiss them.
so do you think this is unnormal behavior or it is just curiosity to know.
she knows the concept of her body is for her, and she should not touch anybody, but she always try to ignore it when we have company. and love to play the hugging and jumping game with them, and they think it is weird behavior for a kid her age.

please help, is this serious thind need to pay attentionf for sighns of sex abuse or just curiosity.
-8 Comments Post a Comment
you need to talk to her personaly(just the two of you), if you are a mother that's better. i think somebody touch her in her private parts, and she think it is normal to touch others! all you have to do is to go to speciallist(psychologist) for her, because it is not a joke to touch and be touch in that  private parts. a 7 years old must already know what are the private parts(that's the reason we wear bathing suit or swim suit in the pool and not naked!) educate her that her private is only for her! tell her that you can be her bestfriend, so that she can open more secrets and tell her if she will say everything you will not be angry to her. be a good observer because actions speak louder than words! i know somebody who was sexually abuse when he was a child and he is reacting like your child, only that he is not touching private parts but he hugs and kiss a lot and usually he ask kiss and hugs from a lady. sometimes his wife stops him if he goes further!
i hope that i didn't make you worried at all! good luck...
thanks a lot for your helpful information, I will tallk to a speciallist and get some help
thanks so much, I always used to think as innocent behavior.but my daughter means to do it more often.
especially when she try to hug men, too many times during their visit, and jumping on them, and she loves  to run and hug them so tightly to make her head  touch that private area. that's make me so worried and concern when she does these things, and she forget all the rules.
thanks again
I think it really can just be innocent behavior. Of course, follow the above advice also, but I have 5 & 6 year old boys, and they're always doing gross things, like the "butt/ weedle dance" for the babysitters, randomly running around naked when we have company etc. They're just naughty, doing things that I have forbidden. You very well may have a sexual abuse problem, but affection (even with people coming into the house) & strangers is not uncommon. My boys are both extremely loving, kissy kids. That is a great trait for a child to have, but you have to be extra cautious because it's the very trait that predators prey on. Educate them about "good touch/ bad touch" and let them know (without scaring them) that the people who usually do the abusing is someone they already know, and that they should always always come and tell you, and that you will never be mad at them for it! I've worked with a lot of abused children. One of the first signs is masturbation, touching in young kids. They often wet the bed, have problems sleeping. Look for changes in the daily pattern too, like they don't want to do an activity they used to love etc. Try acting out different scenarios with her dolls together. You may uncover some information.
   I have to wonder if she does it to get a rise out of you, seeing you get upset? It might be a type of manipulation?
i'd say go the scare tactic route. tell her that she can get into big trouble and the man she is doing inappropriate things with can get into much bigger trouble and go away for a long time.

sure somebody could have taught her it, but kids can be pretty smart and can figure things out for themselves. she could just be a kid that likes attention but you do need to talk to her about it, about why it is wrong, and ask her where she got the idea to do it or why she started doing it.