Child Behavior Community
7 year old girl kissing boys in school
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

7 year old girl kissing boys in school

Hello,

My daughter is 7 years old and in 2nd grade.  She is the oldest of 3 children.  My husband and I were recently called into my daughter's school for a meeting with the teacher and the school guidance counselor because they are "very concerned" about her behavior in school.  Apparently she has on numerous occasions been kissing the boys in class and trying to hold their hands.  She has been asked by the teacher to stop but the behavior continues.  She and her friends also chase the boys at recess to try and catch them and kiss them.  To my knowledge no other behavior of a "sexual nature" is being observed.  Is it normal for a girl her age to be doing this?  We have always been protective parents, monitoring everything she watches on tv as well as the music she listens to, being careful not to expose her to anything of a sexual nature. On the rare occasions my husband and I do go out without the children, her only babysitters are her grandmothers,  at no time is she ever alone with strangers or even male friends.   She is a very bright and confident girl and is doing well academically.  She has many female friends both in and out of school and plays well with them.   She has stated on several occasions that she doesn't understand why the boys in school this year don't like to play with the girls.  I think this could be her way of trying to get them to like her.  One of my friends has a son her age.  He and my daughter have always gotten along well and I think she may be looking for the same kind of comradery with the boys in class.  The school counselor has stated that she believes that this is "not normal behavior"  I need some advice on this matter.