Child Behavior Expert Forum
7 year old girl masterbating(masturbating) ??

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Hello, My daughter just turned 7, and I am concerned about her. She has a particular stuffed animal that she is using to apparently rub on herself. I have caught her, accidently a few times with this stuffed animal between her legs in a " missionary " position, or rolling around with the bunny between her legs. She often comes walking through the living room announcing that she is going to get her  bunny and take him into the TV room. Or she will go off into her bedroom, and announce that she does not want any intrusions for a while, while she plays with her bunny. She sometimes comes out of her room, or from the TV room all sweaty, announcing that she is hot & sweaty. The bunny episodes happen approx. 3-4, sometimes more times per week. She is an only child, but we provide lots of activities to avoid too much bordom. IS this normal ? do 7 year old children have orgasms ?  I also have a toy barrell  that will shake, or vibrate, which she would disapear with sometimes. I ended up throwing this toy away after I realized what was going on. I have confronted her with her antics, and told her this was a private thing, and she she should not be doing this in the TV room, or discussing this with her friends. Is it OK for me to acknowledge with her that I know what's going on ? I am a single father, and need some direction with this matter. I have already aknowledged with her that I know what's going on. I told her it was OK, and normal but private. She seems a bit young to be doing this stuff, let me know what you think, Thanks!
The single fact of a child of seven engaging in masturbation is not, in itsef, a cause for worry. However, the frquency of your daughter's behavior is perhaps indicative of a problem and is deserving of some professional evaluation. First, have her examined by her pediatrician. If everything appears OK from a medical perspective, follow up with an evaluation by a pediatric mental health or behavioral health clinician.

It is certainly OK to bring this up with your daughter, though I worry a bit about your using the phrase "what is going on" and the word "antics". These indicate that you might be conveying a tone of wrongdoing or illicitness in relation to the activity, so be careful about that.
My cousin(9)also uses her soft toys for sexual pleasure!!!!!I myself feel that it is horrible but she no-longer does this as i said to her that this is not natural for her age!!!!!I strongly believe that IF you also tell her that its not lawful to do this that she will stop to!!!!!!!!!!
I personal do not believe that there is anything wrong with what your daughter is doing, but she is a little young for this type of sexual matter. The average age for a person in there youth to start masturbating is somewhere around 11 to 15 years of age. By your daughter doing at such a young age could mean that she may be going through maturity faster or maturing in a mental state. As one of the other responses says about telling her that is wrong and you should not do such a thing I do not believe. If she wants to it bad enough, she will do it anyway. I know this my sound weird but maybe you should try reverse psychology. The more you tell a child to stop doing something most of the time they will continue to do it or even maybe want to do it more. I have seen many children close to your daughters age that have become sexually active or the aware of sexually conduct. But most of all I'm not trying to say that children just pick up sexually content on there own, some do, I'm not saying it is not likely to happen but may be she has seen such actions that you are not aware of. Like TV, do you have cable, maybe you should put parental blocks on stations with adult content (You can contact the cable company or some TV
My 13 yearold step-daughter is also doing this as well.  I and my girlfriend have told her to stop doing this, and she has persisted on doing this behavior.  I feel she needs to have more contact with her half-brother Marcus, and talk to him rather than playing with stuffed animals in prone position.  I instructed her that if she continues, she will be put on restriction and spanked for this behavior.  I personally think that if a child does this more often for the parents to be comfortable with it, that this is a spankable offense and should be treated as one.

Peter
Peter,(aka "Caca") You really need to read what mr. Info said in his comment. Ohh and to the sicko who said he wanted to see pictures of her. Thats totally not right You SHOULD REALLY THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE WHAT YOU. Mr. Info had good advice although I'm not a Professional in childrens or any age of mental health.

A related discussion, Is your child masterbating (masturbating)? I can help. was started.
A related discussion, children and masterbating (masturbating) was started.
A related discussion, eight year old masturbating was started.
A related discussion, its ok was started.
A related discussion, masterbating (masturbating) play-role so young was started.
A related discussion, child sexual problem was started.
A related discussion, sex was started.
I think its totally normal  for a child to masterbate.our body reacts to touch even a 7 year old.unless she penatrates herself .then I think u have aproblem
A related discussion, childhood masturbation was started.