Child Behavior Expert Forum
7 year old with social problems
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

7 year old with social problems

My 7 year old boy is having trouble in the neighborhood socially. He will go to play with kids (ages 8-12) and within 30 minutes, he's having problems. He can be annoying - not taking clues on when to leave someone alone. They will start picking on him. I end up calling him in with an excuse. He doesn't seem to notice any problem. It usually occurs when there are at least 4 or more kids playing. At school, he is doing very well academically and only has a minor problem socially once in a great while. Is this just normal developmental behavior or not? What can I do about this?
Also, I am pretty hard on him, telling him that the kids won't like him if he is bothersome. Should I even address the issue to him?