Child Behavior Expert Forum
7 year son told me I was making his penis "long"

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

I'm a mom of a 7 year old boy and this week while I was tickling him and giving him kisses, he told me I was making his penis grow or making it long. To me it sounded like I was exciting him. Is this normal? I'm not sure how to handle this situation. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Paola
Yes, it is very normal. Just tell him in an off-hand way that sometimes when boys get excited, like happended when you were tickling him, it makes their penis get a little bigger. Handle it in a casual way. Then see if he has any questions about it. Tell him it's normal.
Avatar n tn
Thank you so much for replying, I was just worried that this started happening at such a young age but I'm glad to know it's normal.