Child Behavior Community
7 yr old girl undressing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

7 yr old girl undressing

Hi,My freinds daughter who is 7 yrs old takes off her clothes and show her private whenever she see me..i m 20male..what may be the reason?
Hi there.  That is odd behavior.  I'd tell her parents that this makes you uncomfortable and that you are hoping they work on her with inappropriate behavior. Do you suspect foul play at their home?  No parent I know would allow a seven year old girl to show her privates to an adult male guest.  good luck
This is very unacceptable behaviour.

When she does it, tell her straight away to cover herself up and not do it again and that she should not do that to anyone.

You should also tell her parents that they must stop her doing this.

Do be aware that young children do not have any inhibitions.  She is doing this to seek attention and if you smile or laugh or her parents think it is funny, she will continue doing it.

You need to be firm and tell her straight away to cover herself up.   Children need to be taught acceptable behaviour and if they are doing something that is not right, they need to be told straight away.

If she does it when no one else is present, you need to tell her to cover up, leave the room immediately and tell her parents that this is not acceptable.

Do not be afraid to tell a child firmly to stop doing something that is incorrect behaviour and explain that is it is not nice and that you do not like it.   You do not need to raise your voice, do not smile or laugh when you tell her and say it in a manner that you mean what you say.  You can also tell her that if she does it again, you will not come to visit.

Don't put up with it.  You'll also be doing the child a favour about what is acceptable as she gets older.