Child Behavior Community
7yr old is hearing "feelings?"

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

7yr old is hearing "feelings?"

my daughter turned 7 in January n the last week or so has mentioned that she hears her feelings telling her she wants to throw away her fav Teddy (which she goes everywhere with) then gets upset. also she then said lastnite that she dindnt love me and then got upset again saying her feelings told her to say it. I'm so worried iv not heard anything like this before.
Hi and welcome. From what ive seen in children (i did some assistant teachering at UCLA and work in special education) children at that age are trying to put a label on what they mean and her saying her feelings are telling her is the same as saying i feel. Children at that age tend to associate more with there minds than their bodies and still getting to know how things work. It seems only as we age do we become body and mind into one entity.
You should ask her why she feels this way about not loving you and throwing the teddy away. It could be she is starting to realize that she has options.
Realizing that one has options can be a awaking experience.
If your worried please see a child specialist to confirm she is ok
Sit back and smile. Children go through the most perplexing phases. I think it has to do with developing intellectually. They try out ideas. I remember doing this myself.