Child Behavior Community
7yrs old boy that wont poo on the toilet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I have just read lots of poor mums with the same problem I have had for the last four years.  My son has just turned 7 and is still pooing in his pant!  We have had some professional help a couple of years ago and they put him on Movical.  They soon ran out of advice for us.  We have tried everything.  When we sit him down to discuss wether he knows he needed a poo and just couldnt be bothered or not he usually admits he didnt want to leave what he was doing to go to the toilet.  He has a toilet time on a morning before school.  He hasnt pooed at school for two years now which leads me to believe he wouldnt dare do it there for fear of friends knowing.  We really dont know where to go from here.  At the moment we are trying the no nonsense way by taking things of him if he poos his pants but tonight he has slept at a friends house and pooed in his pants there.  Please help.  Should we go back to the doctor?

This discussion is related to 3.6 year old boy refuses all potty training tactics.  Best way to proceed?.
It does sound as if he has become anxious about the issue, children do not like to leave the school room to use the bathroom this is all too common ,we hear it a lot. Does he do this on the weekends at home ? I wouldnt use any form of punishment like taking things away, he is probably suffering enough over it. in fact maybe relaxing the talk, being matter of fact, let him be in control of his own habits. sometime less, works better . In my opinion , take a step back, allow him to sort it out , are his 'movements full bowel movements or maybe some mess, partial movements ?
I have read your post and lot of other peoples post and i know where ya'll are coming from.I have a 8 1/2 year old and i have the same problem.Now he did use it when he was about 3 but after a few months started going in his pants again.Then little over a year ago we tried a new method going every 20 mins.and that worked for a little bit but right back to his pants.So ever since then he 's been pooping in his pants.I've done the doctors and different things i've read but so far i haven't had any luck.And its so frustrating.But i try to to keep my head up and tell my self oneday,oneday he'll go and everything will be ok.