8 Year old daughter picks at face
My daughter has an awful habit of constantly picking at her face, of course I am very worried about scarring and am at my wits end on what to do.  She is 8 years old, I have tried bandaids in the daytime, neosporin at night, and keeping her nails trimmed.  She does it and doesn't realize what she is doing.  She has many little scabs on her face, and people constantly think she is getting over the chicken pox.  I am open to any suggestions, it breaks my heart to see her like this.
You should take your daughter to a doctor.  It may be more psychological than a physical trait.  It can't hurt to take her to the doctor. If he says it isn't anything to be concered about he is wrong.  Take her to someone until you find out.  Good Luck
There is a psychological disorder called Dermatillomania that can cause compulsive skin picking behaviors.  I would recommend discussing her behavior with a pediatrician.

`Kestra