Child Behavior Community
8 year old with ADHD,ADD on medication
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

8 year old with ADHD,ADD on medication

Many thanks for reading my post

We took our  8 year old daughter, who has a twin sister also, we took one of our twins to a neuro/physiologist and he did lots of test's on our daughter and found she has ADD.I don't know how this hasn't been picked up before, anyway, she was then sent to a consultant pediatrician that deals in ADD ADHD and he also diagnosed her with ADD, both Dr's have told us she will catch up in time, our twins weren't premature, The Dr gave her concerta.Anxiety is a big problem also, as she knows she is behind and wants to be the same as the other children her age, the Drs have said she will catch up in the time, which is great news, she wants to
learn, try's harder than anyone else in her class.Our daughter has been on concerta 36mg now for 3months, it has made a difference, she is talking better, obviously the medication is helping her thinking, DOWN is she can't get to sleep at night, did try a lower dose of Concerta first but didn't help much, the 36mg dose is what she needs, we give her melatonin to help her sleep at night, (natural medication for sleep), the melatonin helps but still hard for her to get off to sleep. What  other med’s  have other  parents found help with this type of ADD e.g. is Vyvanse better or Addrell, Strattra etc etc, as the concerta doesn't help her anxiety. I don't feel like yet she is on the best mediation for her needs.
Any advice help would be great. Fizzy
Australia