Child Behavior Expert Forum
8 year old with Hydronephrosis Started Fecal Smearing

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Yesterday I got a call from the school counselor about my 8 year old daughter.  She admitted to the school that once last week and yesterday she smeared feces on the wall in the restroom at school. the counselor told me that this was a cry for help.  I believe that she is doing this now because last week we found out that she has Hydronephrosis of her left kidney.  i think that she is really scared, as am I, that we just don't know enough about this disorder to judge what it means for us in the future.  She has been having problems with wetting herself at school and home for years, and we now believe that this Hydronephrosis is to blame for her not being able to tell when she has to go potty or feeling it leak out of her either. I am scared for my daughters mental health right now as well as her physical health.  she told us last night that she just wanted to die and that she hates her life and that she hates school.  She just kept repeating i want to die, just kill me now.  She is a Very Smart girl, in excelled math and reading, and doing a great job in school.  But the social thing has always been a problem.  she has an appointment with a counselor next tuesday.
Please help me I am lost as to what to do and where to go at this point.  
You have already done the imporatnt thing - you have arranged the appointment with a therapist. You might check with her specialist's office to say if there is any peer support group (or parent group) in your area. This type of resouce can make a big difference.