8yr old daughter change in mood/temperament
my 8 yr old daughter has had a recent change in temperament, starting at the end of last week she has been upset and crying every night and at first saying she was scared over something she saw in a movie-it was a kids horror movie, goosebumps and now she has been upset over missing daddy-who works in the evenings.  This behavior is unlike her and she has always been pretty happy except if she doesn't get her way with something.  I'm worried this is an early sign of depression.  Her dad has been working this schedule for 8 months or so. She seems fine if she is doing something fun, but when its time to go home and chill out she acts upset and is crying.
Its sad but cute. She misses her daddy. Every little girl needs her daddy. Expecally at night with a scairy movie creeping in the back of your mind. The house seems empty and creepy. When my dad was home the whole house was safe. No matter what! My daddy was there! You still love your mom. You just call for dad when the boogie man comes. Just be there for her, the boogie man wont come and daddy WILL come home!
Thanks, you are probably right!  She hasn't been mentioning that movie for maybe a week now, but she is still very attached to daddy.