Child Behavior Expert Forum
8yr old son touched a younger girl
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

8yr old son touched a younger girl

My son who is 8 yrs old was playing with a 4yr girl that I watch. They were in a room when they were caught. It happened very quick. The young girl wanted to play Dr and proceeded to pull down her pants. My son pulled up her pants and brushed his hand on her Vagina. AT this point she pulled down his pants and poked at his Penis because he touched her. I spoke to both children separately. I am not okay with my son touching her even if it was just an accident. He said he was pulling up her pants from the front which makes it hard for me to believe it was an accident. He has just had a full physical and a talk about puberty in school. I am sure this is a form of curiosity actually hoping more then anything.I called the girls mother and explained to her what happened and ask that she speak with her daughter as well. I just don't know what is normal. I am curious if I should have him see a counselor. Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before?  I am more upset that he just didn't push her away instead of allowing her to poke it ... even if it was just once.