9 Yr Old Self Inducing Vomiting
My 9 yr old girl was caught tonight in the bathroom with her finger in her throat and then immediatly throwing up afterward. When confronted with this she of course denied it even though we saw her do it. I then began to think about it, and she vomits before bed quite often. She thinks she is fat. She also claims to vomit often at school. I always thought that this was an avoidance tactic to get out of school. However after tonight it raises some question in my mind. I was bulimic as a teenager and am concerned. Could this be a sign that she is headed that way? HELP!!
This is definitely a sign that your daughter is starting to develop a problem.  Because of all the influence from the media, the internet, her friends (I am not sure what she is exposed to) she might have got a faint/vague idea that vomiting would make her thin.  Because she does not know the dangers of this, it is especially dangerous to her health!  I would sit her down and talk to her about it.  If she denies it, seek help from a doctor or a therapist. However you go about it, she DEFINITELY needs help! Best wishes.
Manda,  I think you would know this and understand this better than almost anyone on the board.  You know your daughter,  and you know bulimia.

Trust what you know,  and trust that your daughter is following in your footsteps.

Best wishes.