Child Behavior Community
9-year-old boy and Stuffed toys

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

9-year-old boy and Stuffed toys

Is it normal for 9-year-old boys to play with stuffed toys and ask for them as gifts?  My step-son's toys and television of choice are Pokemen and Webkins.  

Thanks.
Has he any other behaviors or is this it,I think all children like soft toys and even some Big people,are they specific like he collects elaphants or Teddys? and there are a lot of small ones like the Beanies they all love, I dont think it means anything at all.Pokemon is very popular with all the kids.
He carries these toys when he goes places, does not collect anything in particular but right now his focus is on the Webkins since he can then register them online and have more play choices on their website.  

Thanks for the reply!
Avatar n tn
I worked at a retail store that sells webkins and there are many boys around 9-10 years old that come in and buy those. so I think it must be perfectly normal.