Child Behavior Expert Forum
9 year old on Zoloft

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

9 year old on Zoloft

I have a 9 year old daughter.  We have recently put her on zoloft per her doctors suggestions.  She was very anxious. She was biting her nails until they were bleeding and moved on her to her toenails.  She was 1 of 4 people that failed the TAKS test out of her grade.  She has nightmares EVERY night now. We've only seen her decline since her Zoloft started. She is very smart and dropped from an A student to a C student within a matter of months.  I have a 2 year old sickly child that requires alot of my attention.  I'm sure this has something to do with the problem but I can't NOT take care of him b/c of her.  Please HELP!
Tags: Zoloft, 9 year
Please post your question in the child behavior forum. Best of luck to you.
No suggestions, but my prayers are with you!
The plan to strat your daughter on Zoloft was sensible, but there are alternatives. Speak with the prescribing doctor about her response to the Zoloft and ask about other options. Children do not always respopnd favorably to the first medication that is prescribed, but that does not at all mean that there won't be options.