Child Behavior Community
9 yr old smears pooh at friends house

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

9 yr old smears pooh at friends house

my son is 9 and has displayed this behavior not at my house, but at his friends house?????  He used the bathroom, and instead of asking for toilet paper, he wipes with a towel, and continues to smear feces all over the toilet, walls, sink, and even shower curtain!!! I am so upset about his behavior, and embaressed! He seems very depressed lately about his social anxiety at school, and is very over emotional about small things. He constantly complains about kids picking on him, and seems very jealous of my boyfriend of 2 yrs. I would like to think this behavior will disappear, but i don't know how to correct him with out enabling him with that desired attention he craves. ( I have not confronted him yet) He already has a psychologist however, i was considering a psychiatrist to evaluate this instead. Which mental health professional should i use and exactly what is the difference? He was diagnosed with ADHD and General Anxiety, and is currently not medicated. I understand that this behavior is likely due to emotional distress, and a cry for attention, but...... should i consider a behavioral therapy program along with mental health involvement? I feel like i have done something to cause this "crazy behavior" and i am clueless on what to do!
-confused
Are you sure other kids are not picking on him,perhaps you should check this out,it is normal  for a child to be jealous of his moms Boyfriend it would be a good thing if your Boyfriend did some Physical sports and Games with him and took an interest in any activities your son likes to Play.,so get them used to doing things together.He seems as if he is unhappy and is acting out ,you need to address and issues could cause this,I dont believe you would need to go into mental health involement if you and he had good Parent/child interaction.and you focus on the positive side of his behavior,catch him doing something right and praise him.Most children that have been diagnosed with ADD or AHDD thrive outdoors, so making Hiking, skating, nature study swimming  part of his routine would be good and the boyfriend can be involved also.
thanks! i will consider your advise