9yr old hearing a voice
My 9yr old has started to hear a mans voice telling her bad things.  Her father has custody of her and her step mother is over disciplining her, by way of spanking with a wooden spoon etc...  This voice is scary to her and they think she is wanting attention and making this up.  The voice tells her not to come to my house and not to be around me.  Also, when she is asked to do chores - it tells her to say no or I don't have to.  She is otherwise a very normal child.  She is very happy and stable at my house and when I talk to her on the phone she seems fine.  Could she be making this up??? I believe her..
This is just my opinion. I think you should get her evaluated and see weither she is making this up, or even maybe the dad is putting things in her head or mouth, or even might be a psych issue. There could be many causes of this problem and I have herd this problem before but never an answer. I hope everything goes ok
Hi, if this was my 9yold I would definately be getting them to see a counsiller or doctor. Trust me they will work out whats going on. Also it will give her a chance to talk about things that may be bothering her. It wont hurt only help. Best wishes!!
why dont you guys try to think logically.....like supernatural.  maybe its demons messing with her. sounds  stupid i know, but the same thing happened to my brother. a man came out of his closet every night to "talk to him" and play games. as pentacostals, we rebuked it and the man never came back.
Hearing voices can be a serious symptom of psychosis or neurological impairment. The first thing that should be done is to see the family doctor and if he/she is unable to help you, then request a referral to a medical mental health specialist as a child psychiatrist or a child neurologist.  This symptom should never be taken lightly.