Child Behavior Expert Forum
ADHD, Ritalin and Depression
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

ADHD, Ritalin and Depression

Posted By Pam Spannuth on June 23, 1999 at 21:51:16
I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter who has always been "more".  More energetic, intense, active, strong willed, etc.  She really stands out among my friends children in these manners but I would have to say she always seemed happy being this way.  Recently we have gone thru the testing and everything and we are giving Ritalin a try.  She is on 5mg. 3X a day....  Sometimes it works very well, sometimes she's still "more", but sometimes she seems really depressed.  I know it can make her more emotional but can it make her depressed.  Sometimes I think 5mg. isn't enough and sometimes it seems like too much.... Can it make her sad or does it just allow her to slow down enough for her to realize she really is sad?  I'm new to this, and have quite a few people against me trying Ritalin so the more I learn the better.......  Thank You..........

Follow Ups:

Re: ADHD, Ritalin and Depression HVM Ph.D. - KDK 6/24/1999
(0)