ADHD and fears
My ADHD 11 year old son will not be in a room by himself. I have to stay in the bathroom while he
showers, and follow him when he wants to go to another room. How can I help him? Are there books, resources you can suggest?
Are you sure your son suffers from ADHD?  Sounds more like anxiety - often the behaviours of anxiety mimic those of ADD/ADHD and it is not unusual for a child to be misdiagnosed.  Try a search of the internet using "childhood anxiety disorders" or something similar to see if the descriptions are similar to that of your son.  If son, then I would suggest finding a doctor such as a child neurologist or child psychiatrist/psychologist or someone with experience in anxiety issues.  If this is the problem, please note that anxiety is highly treatable.  I wish you the best ,,,
I don't know if your child is on any medications or not. One of my children experienced side effects (paranoid of things that he was not normally afraid of)  from an ADHD medication but I can't remember which medication it was.