ADHD
My child is 8 years old and when he went into first grade he was diagnosed with ADHD the first year he went on Concerta i thought that he was doing well the highest dose we had him on was 36mg now about two month ago the doctor thought we should switch him to Vyvance to give him a longer affect we went from 30mg to 50 mg and then back to 30mg i have told the doctor my concernce about this medicine he has mood swings he does not seem to enjoy the thing that he usallaly does like going outside to play or get excited i called the doctor back and she said lets start him back on the concerta first lets do the 18mg and then we will go back to the 36mg my qestion is it ok to pull them back and fourth on this or if i decide to can i just stop all medicines.
Did they try behavior management techniques? You can teach some ADHD children to sit down without medications - with reward systems, visual schedules, etc......
Yes we have tried but he will just roll all over the floor sometimes i believe he does thing because he knows that it agrevates me.