Child Behavior Expert Forum
ANXIETY/MASTURBATION

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

ANXIETY/MASTURBATION

MY DAUGHTER IS  YRS OLD SHE HAS A HABIT OF PUSHING ON HER CHAIR. MOSTLY IN SCHOOL,  SHE HAS DONE THIS EVER SINCE SHE WAS A TODDLER EVEN IN HER WALKER SHE WOULD DO THIS. SHE HAS HAD KIDNEY PROBLEMS AND HAS  SURGERYS BECAUSE OF IT.
SO SHE HAS HAD ALOT OF CATHATERS INSERTED IN HER. WHEN I FINALLY ASKED THE DR ABOUT IT SHE SAID IT WAS A FORM OF MASTURBATION. AND I NEEDED TO REDIRECT ALL THE TIME. WELL I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS BUT FOR THE PAST  YEARS IT HAS BEEN GETTING HARDER AND HARDER NOW IT IS AFFECTING HER SCHOOL WORK.  AND AS OF THIS WEEKEND SHE HAS BEEN DOING  AT HOME, SOMETHING THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED IN A VERY LONG TIME.  IT WAS JUST IN SCHOOL.
ONE THERAPIST WANTED TO PUT HER ON MEDICATION AFTER JUST SEENING HER 1 1/2 TIMES.  I DO NOT WANT TO PUT HER ON MEDICATION BUT I AM REALLY DESPERATE FOR HELP.
I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE AND CANNOT FIND ANYTHING ON THES EXACT PROBLEM
It's not clear that your daughter is manifesting compulsive masturbation, but if this is so the treatment may well include medication. You would be wise to keep an open mind about this option, but before proceeding on the psychological front be sure to rule out any chronic physical irritation, inflammation, etc.
What a stupid advice about medicating for masturbation.

Masturbation is a good thing. I have myself masturbated from a early time in my life, and several times a day, and have had a lot of joy from it.

Instead I thing you should instruct your daughter about a more proper way to masturbate, and let her have plenty of time to do this at home. Then she will not any more have need for doing it in the described way.

And, if this masturbation after all is "compulsive", what does it mean. It means that your daughter uses masturbation to cope with some problem, but also this way the masturbation is a good thing. It helps your daughter to  cope.

Of course this basic problem, whatever it is, should be adressed, but not by treating the masturbation, and not by medicating.

Good luck
To the user who posted a note on the 'compolsive' part, by the way she written her letter. This masturbation is effecting her physical and mental body. Not just sexual greviences to make her feel good.

This isn't something that could be looked at simply.
Todd H. Willsie
hi i'm rozy. i am 11 years old girl. i rub my brother panis on my uppor vagina.will i have pregnent do this. please help me?
No you must at least hit puberty and he has to also and he must penitrate you