Abnormal Behavior?
My two grandson ages 3 and 5, seem preoccupied with displaying themselves to each other, and others, The 2 year old wants to touch the older boy whenever the chance allows, dressing, bathing ect.  Also the 2 yrs old will place objects, fingers, toys ect, in/around his rectum.  Discussed the private parts subject, and asked where these ideas were coming from. They state "they just thought of them"  Also think it is funny, after repeated attempts, of trying to convey that this is private, and shouldnt be exhibited to others. Is this beyond normal curiosity at this age.?
it sounds like normal curiosity. It is being boys. they find nothing sexual in it. They are just exploring themselves and each other. It shouldn't go beyond putting things in the crack of their butts. As long as it doesn't go inside them. Touching is normal. Just let them know in a matter-of-fact way that touching each other is not nice. It will wear in.
I agree.  I have two boys that are now 4 and 5.  My younger one especially thought it was funny to grab his brother.  We tell him no.  They did bathe together for a long time (easier for mom) but we don't very often anymore.  Try to have everyone ignore it.  Kids love reactions.  Good luck.
I agree. If you make a big deal out of it, it will become a big deal with them. Don't get angry or mad when you find them touching etc, just make them stop with a smile.