Child Behavior Expert Forum
Adderall XR 10 mg

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Adderall XR 10 mg

My 7 year old daughter was diagnosed with ADHD about a year ago.  She has been taking Adderall (adderrall) xr 10 mg for the past eight months.  She has suddenly developed two tics, one being a movement of the jerking of her head and the other is clearing her throat often.

My question is what is the best way to ween my daughter off the drug and once she is completely off the adderall (adderrall) will the tics cease?
While there is no absolute guarantee the tics will cease, they almost always do. Since medications like Adderall (adderrall) don't maintain a steady level in the bloodstream, but rather are entirely metabolized dose to dose, the cessation of the medication can occur quickly. Follow the advice of the prescriber; you'll see that the discontinuation occurs almost immeduately.
Thank you for your quick response.  Can you tell me how long would it take for me to know that the tic is temporary or here to stay?
There really is no time frame. In other words, if the tic does persist, it could cease at any time. I would venture to guess that it will wane pretty quickly once the medication is stopped (which should also occur in fairly short order).
Frandy,
My 4 year old son was put on adderol today. I am scared it has zombie effect on him. Did it do that to your little girl?
A related discussion, adderal 10mg xr was started.
A related discussion, My son is on ADDRALL was started.
A related discussion, My Son Is On Adderall (adderrall) 5 Mg was started.
A related discussion, parental abuse of childs adderall (adderrall) was started.