Child Behavior Expert Forum
Aggression

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Aggression

I am currently pursuing my degree in Early Childhood education and wish to get an answer to the following question.
I recently interviewed a teacher who had problems with children  in her preschool class being aggressive to their friends when they want a particular toy. Sometimes they may ask, other times they would just take it away.Can you give me some advise on how to handle this situation. Thanks in advance.
When a child takes something from another child, the teacher shoyuld step in and be sure the item is returned to the child. Then the teacher should guide the child about how to make a request. If the child perists in taking items (instead of asking), the teacher should plavce th child in time out. In other words, repeated examples of the beahvior invite discipline. One or a couple of episodes invite limit setting and teaching.