Child Behavior Community
Aggressive behavior of 7 years old daughter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I have a 7 years old daughter and she is our only child. we are a happy family. she is nice, good in studies, fond of eating and a well behaved girls. But occasionally she behaves extremely bad. This occasion may arise from a very simple issue (for instance she want an ice lollY OR she is missing her cousins living in other city). During these fits of misbehavior she cries a lot, does not listen to me and his father, says that she will never talk to us for her whole life and other stupid things. It is becoming impossible to deal that situation. Just after one hour of this misbehavior she started to feel extremly sorry for what she has done. Start hugging me and say that she"ll never ever do this again.

Kindly help me dealing this situation; keeping in mind that she is our only daughter.
She needs to have consequences for all of her actions when she behaves like this. If she does this for an hour, put her in her room to cry her heart out for the hour and when she is done, she can come out. If she breaks something, she has to pay for it or if she hurts your feelings with her words, she has to fix that situation. Teach her to think first before she acts or speaks. Does she ever get to see her cousins? What if she was able to go for a sleep over maybe once a month or once every few months or her cousins come to your house? As for the wanting candy or something, she has to have consequences for the outburst of her actions when she is told no, it is suppose to mean no. I think that you are doing a great job of raising her. Keep it up.