Child Behavior Expert Forum
Angry 2 1/2 Granddaughter-Terrible two?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Angry 2 1/2 Granddaughter-Terrible two?

I have custody of my 2 1/2 Grandaughter and her mother lives with me. Went my granddaughter visits her other grandparent and her father she comes back with  tatoos stuck on her, cussings, and she hate everybody. If you bring her to a store said calls everyone bad names or fat. She doesn't want any friends, at the park she calls every mean and bad and fights with them. She starting to hit everyone and tell them she hates them. Everyone tell me its' the terrible two, but my three children never acted this way. My daughter is useless to the situation. She can be sweet as pie one minute and a monster the next. The only one she isn't mean to is me. I try to sit and talk to her about her behavior but she said she doesn't like anyone and don't want friends. I just don't know what to do any more. I do punish her with time out and try talking, nothing seems to work.
Children require stability in their family situations, and it sounds like your granddaughter has not been fortunate in this regard. In one sense, all you can do is provide the best possible parenting in your household. However, if you suspect that your granddaughter is not being cared for in an adequate fashion in her father's family, it is incumbent on you to try to influence this situation. One way to do so would be to request the court to evaluate the matter by appointing what is called a guardian ad litem, who is a person (often an attorney or a mental health professional) charged with making recommendations to the court about custody and other matters for the purpose of determining what is in the child's best interest.