Child Behavior Community
Angry violent child?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Angry violent child?

I want to know why my son sometimes gets so angry he hits, punches, kicks, throws large heavy objects, pulls down window blinds, puts holes in walls, bites, curses, threatens to kill me,  breaks windows, and he is only five? He is not around violence or cursing, and did not start to display these behaviors till entering school. I know the teachers and have spent many hours there and there is no foul play. I am worried their may be something wrong?
Hi I was just wondering if his Dad is around?
Well recently this past 3 years we have had some huge family overhauls, and in the past year I have had brain surgery along with multiple health issues. We had to move away from his dad and now his dad is running two house holds, but he spends 4-5 days a week with our two children. We spend a lot of time doing activities, going to church, reading, movies, and we take them and include them in all we do. But he has lost 5 of his brother's and 2 of his sister's because they no longer want anything to do with my husband and I. They are my step children, so they are very jealous of our two we have together. But our two are used to being around them, they have been for 8 years and now no one wants to be with our two youngest kids. So I know he is angry, but how do I stop it in a positive way, because he almost broke my jaw last night, he is extremely strong.
I think something is upsetting him as he is so out of control some counseling seems in order to find out why he is acting out this much, it sounds like there has been a lot of turmoil in his life, the fact he has' lost''his siblings  I suppose you mean he does not see them is a traumativc thing, he blames you in some way, this is so complex I would say you all could use some help go to your Doctor to get a referral to a therapist.
Just a theory but is there any chance there could be jealousy could be directed at anyone who is close to you. Maybe he is scared of losing you like he lost his brothers and sisters, and also with your health issues. This maybe causing him to take it out on you. It seems that your family have had alot of upset and life definately hasn't been easy for any of you. By spending time as a family is definately going to benefit him alot, his confidence has been knocked and it's going to take along time to build that up again. But saying that, he certaintly has no right to show aggression towards you. My son is 7 and can show aggression towards his step-father when he is angry. We have tried lots of different methods in getting him to stop this, but we are finding that the only thing that works is if my husband picks him up, one arm across his chest so he cannot hit and one across his legs so he cannot kick and put him in his bedroom until he calms down. Once he's calm he's allowed out and we sit down and talk to him about it. All children are different and some things work on one child and not on another, so it's trial and error. Don't give up, by the sounds of it your doing a great job.