Child Behavior Community
Autism and Short Term Memory Loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Autism and Short Term Memory Loss

Wondering if anyone has any info on children with autism that also have short memory loss.

I have a 6 year old stepson who has several behavioral problems. He was taken into care by the ministry of family and children when he was 3 my husband and I received custody of him.  He was obviously had several issues in his life that have certainly added to his behavior problems.  He has Aspergers and seems to have short term memory loss.  He has unbelievable meltdowns with huge angry. He tries to hurt everyone around him like biting, hitting, poking in the eyes it is very scarey and he seems to go into his transe almost like he is possessed.  then when he comes out of it he doesnt seem to remember what he has done.  He asks things 5, 6, 7 times within a very short period of time. It is becoming a very bad problem at school.  His 2 others brothers by a different father are also very difficult children.  One has obsessive complusive disorder, HDHD he is in foster care as his mother cant handle him. Not sure if this can be hereditary.  We have taken my step son to a peditrican and now has him on 10 mg of ridalin everyday.  By the time 3 pm comes it is starting to wear off.

My biggest is trying to control his behavior and trying to understand why he asks the same thing 6 or 7 times.  These meltdowns are very scarey.

Any suggestions on how to help and make him understand things would be very helpful

Stressed stepmom

He currently is on ritalin 10 mg and