Child Behavior Expert Forum
Bald spot

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Bald spot
My wife has been brushing my daughter's hair for 6 years, all of a sudden a bald spot appeared on the the top of her head.  What could this mean, and is it something to worry about?  Please get back to me as soon as possible, so I can take her to a doctor if needed.  Thank you.
You should always seek medical evaluation for your child whenever there is a question. By all means she should be examined by her pediatrician. Do you have any indication that the bald spot is associated with your daughter's pulling her hair (trichotillomania)? If not, the condition is medical in nature and in any case should be evaluated medically before anything else occurs.
A possibility may be she may have Trichotilomania ...Obsessive compulsive behaviour OCD Hair pulling. Do a search on OCD obsessive behaviours "hair pulling" Does she continually touch her hair a lot? It can kick in at a early age and is mostly commom in females. It seems to stem from anxiety. I and my twin have this type of OCD.