Child Behavior Expert Forum
Boys Penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Boys Penis

My son is 7 years old and his penis is about 1 inch in length, and I can feel its starting to annoy him specially when taking shower with his younger brother who have about 2 inch penis. Is that normal? What can be done to bring things to normal? what type of physician is better to see him?
Tags: penis, boys
You should speak with his pediatrician to see if there should be an endocrine workup, but don't be surprised if no specialized intervention is recommended. The avergae size penis for a child his age is approx. 4 centimeters, but remember this is average. This means that some boys will have a penis shorter than 4 centimeters and some will have a penis that is longer than 4 centimeters. It does not sound like a problem.
A 7 year old should be about 2 inches long in penis size. You should have a doctor examine him. Some boys are late developers though. If your son has small feet, this may indicate such. I would also recommend that you ensure his penis foreskin is retracted (if uncircumcised) and cleaned every day, as buildup of dirt could lead to penis growth inhibition.
A related discussion, concerned was started.
Hey I'm 17 years old and my penis is about 5 inches long when erect and is just barely big enough to fit a condom. Do you think I have a small penis? What should I do about it?
I know everyone, including childrens, penis size is different. I read the post above about the 7 year old & how it should be approximately 4 centimeters. I have a 10 year old son whose size is only 3 centimeters, what should the approximate/average size be at his age? He is in tanner stage 2 but the size has yet to change? Is this a concern? Also,he was circumsized at birth but the only time u can see the pennis is when he pulls the skin back? Why? He is an obese child, does that have anything to do with it?
A related discussion, 4yr old masterbates constantly was started.