Child Behavior Expert Forum
COPING WITH DEATH OF LOVED ONE

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

COPING WITH DEATH OF LOVED ONE
GFC
My seven year old son has not had any experience with the loss of a loved one. Recently my Aunt who was very close to my son passed away. How should I present him with information of her death?
The best strategy is to be brief, clear and to the point. He will likely not need a great volume of information. Rather, the crucial aspect will be to keep an ear open for his reaction and to be avaialble to him to answer questions, talk about his aunt, reminisce with him, look at pictures of her, participate in services if any are scheduled.