Can't stop picking scabs in my head
I have been picking scabs on my head for nearly 30 years and I just can't stop.  I have tried different shampoos, lotions, drops you name it and they still come back.  I have also tried the fake nails and yes that did stop me from picking my head but eventually when I stopped getting my nails done and they came back.  I find that my scalp is so dry and itching I scratch, find a scab, pick it and then it bleeds and that's the beginning of the cycle.  I too have bald patches in my head from picking the same scabs over and over but I can't help it.  Can anyone help me its driving me crazy and now the scabs are getting sore and giving me headaches.  Please help.
It may be a good idea to take a look at the Drematology forum as they may have some ideas about your dry scalp, that may be the way to start, to find out and fix that problem, I would think the picking is a habit and hard not to do if something itches and irritates, I know its easy to say but habits like this are a something like 'Mind over matter' when you want to do it, dont do it,, distract your self, go do something else,give yourself a reward each time you dont scratch or pick. Good Luck check out the other forum for help making your scalp healthier .