Child Behavior Community
Child Behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Child Behavior

I have a 4yr old daughter who will be 5 next month. She is a very intelligent and friendly but we have a couple of issues that I need advice on. When it comes to eating all she would eat is junk food she does not  eat almost anything. She would eat mcdonalds, pizza etc. with out a problem. She is always crying about eating or liking the food And when she tells us she is sleepy so we take the plate away than she says she is hungry but still will not eat her food. I dont believe it spanking it just makes your child worst. At this point I dont know what to do about her eating problems and crying all the time for anything. Please give me advice.
As with all child behaviour issues there is never a really easy fix, i am a fairly new parent myself with a 4yr old and an 18 month year old. I'm no expert by any means but what i will say is consitency is erverything.....Your child will not go hungry and as long as they are taking on fluid you have nothing to worry about... and as hard as it will be i would advise to offer a specific meal including veg, if that meal isn't up to her "standards" then do not replace it with anything else, simply take the meal away.... this may seem somewhat mean at the time but the more time that she goes without junk food, and the niceties that comes with it Salt, Sugar etc etc the less she will crave them and find it easier to adapt to a more suitable diet.
Again, i am no expert... that is purely my opinion.
Best of luck with the diet issue, i am sure you will crack it.