Child Behavior
My 7 Year Old Hates School School. What Do I Do?
Can you be more detailed? There are many factors that figure into this. Without more details, I would not know where to begin.
Karen
Amen to Karen.

Is he having problems relating other kids and feels picked on?  

Does he not have a good relationship with his teacher?

Does he struggle academically so every day is an effort where he feels inadequate?
He just hates school. He likes his teacher. He has friends and he doesn't get picked on.He hates school to the point where he refuses to do the school work. I keep in touch with his teacher. He is capable of doing the work. He is a very loveable boy with a outgoing personality. He gets along with everybody. He is very active. His 8 year old sister tries to help to. Myself and his father are active in school functions or anything going on in the school but it doesn't seem to motivate him to like to go to school.
Refusing to do the school work is a control issue whether it is a conscious one or not.

He has some negativity that is associated with school- DUH. Something he heard? Something he saw on tv? As much as you love this sweet child- you gotta make him go to school- right? Or homeschool him- but then there would be little social life.

We all dislike things that are new or "changes" the biggest challenge right now is not letting him get away with the noncompliance- there has to be consequences for refusing to his school work. He doesn't even have to like school right now but he has to be obedient- The rest will follow.
As far as the negativity- don't play into it- don't even make it an issue anymore- practice repeating after me-
"It'll be okay at school. You'll learn to love it." keep repeating these two sentences to him. Do not play in to the negative world he is trying to build please!!! I know this will be hard for you because of things you have said- he's sweet, he's kind... but hang in there- he will soon be a kind, sweet, school loving boy! hugs
Thank you. We are trying to stay positive. We just take it one day at a time.