Child Nutrition
My 17 month old son does not eat anything.The pediatrician said that i should let him be, that i should not force him to eat and that i should try giving him finger foods to see if he would like them .I tried and he doesn't like anything. He only drinks milk,little water and juice.He is very energetic and does not look sick. I usually give him Pediasure twice daily that the doctor recommended but i am afraid it should not be what he depends on for all his minerals and vitamins. What should I do?
Give him real food....., a good idea would be that if you still have him on a bottle you give him a sippy cup instead,  and I agree with your Doctor finger foods , let him eat by himself, put up some nutricious foods onto a plate, cheerios or similar Cereal for breakfast, yoghort, let him have his own spoon, you can clear up the mess thats okay, sometimes slices of toast with peanut butter and jelly. lunchtime , can be noodles or noodle soup, rice, fish sticks, small chicken pieces, kids love peas and beans, Banana cut up, lots of fruit out there, cut up small, green beans, small cheese chunks, crackers. put the food on the table sit him up there you can sit at the table also you eat your food anfd let him eat his, dont try to feed him let him do it at his own pace no rushing, children hate being rushed when they eat hence so many battles to get to school in the mornings, ..not enough time . Good Luck Proper healthy food is your answer.
Thanks.