Child Behavior Community
Child Sexual Play or Abuse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Child Sexual Play or Abuse

My son just turned 6 and plays with an 8 year old boy.  One is in Kindergarten and the other 2nd grade.  About 2 months ago I heard my son's door shut and went in to check on him, I caught the older boy trying to touch my son's butt w/ his penis.  I made the boy go home and talked to my son.  He told me this boy calls it the penis butt game and has tried it about 3 times.  Okay, my first question is can a young boy of 8 actually penetrate at this age and does my son need more therapy.  I took him in once and the counselor said this is getting more common and to not talk about it anymore w/ my son so he forgets about it.  Of course I cut off all play w/ this other boy.  His parents are mad at me and say it is playing Dr.  We live in the same neighborhood and I worry what this Spring will bring with them both being out (meaning what this other boy will say to people and how both boys will treat each other, I have not told my son to hate this other boy...I just told him what this other boy did was wrong and he can't play for awhile).  I have been extremely devastated by this.  I am with my 3 children all the time, the other two are girls.  I have questioned them on good touch bad touch and nothing has happened with them with anyone else that I know of.  I supervise my kids 85% of the time and I always know where they are at.  I am very overprotective and have my computer in the living room and channels blocked on the tvs (no cable in their bedrooms).  
My son has said more than 3 times the same story so we don't think it was his idea or that he has been abused...he is either here or at school no other play dates.  HELP...how do I move on and what should I do???
Tags: play, Sexual, Kids
That is terrible.  I would be so upset as a mother as well.  We work so hard to protect our kids and then to have something like that happen right under our nose . . .  And what is really sad is the reaction of the other boy's parents.  THAT child has seen something or something has happened to him and they are doing nothing about it.  Don't worry about what others will think about the situation-----------  you did the right thing.  Completely.  You have to protect your child first and foremost.  You will just have to supervise a lot this summer.  I would interact normally with this boy if you see him out in the hood.  The poor guy has no one helping him at home and he isn't a monster.  He is doing something he learned.  But I would NEVER let him alone with my kid again.  and if my good friend's child was playing with him, I'd tell my good friend about it as well.  Your job as a mother is to protect your child.  While that wasn't the worst that could happen, playing the "butt game" is outside of games kids that age should be playing.  Good luck
that is bad you should tell his principal and close his bedroom door and every 5 minutes check on him i have 6 kids i do it all the time they never cry when i do it cause i put food and drinks in there