Child behavioral issues
My daughter, Alyssa, is 4 years old. Overall she is well-behaved. I think. In school, no issues about behavior. With other adults, no behavioral complaints. With me, its madness! She is overly persistent. Interrupts me whenever I scold her. Screams and kicks through a timeout and refuses to sit through it while she apologizes profusely for whatever she just said or did. What is my next step? My husband and I have totally different views in discipline. He believes in spankings. I think I've tried everythign under the sun but she's proving me wrong. I don't want to be that parent that hits their child. Should we go to a child behavioral expert or try another form of discipline?
I heard Dr. Laura on the radio talking about this.  She said when your child throws a tantrum, go up to them, smile, give them a kiss on the cheek and just leave.  They will get louder at first to try and regain attention but they soon will work out of it when no one is there to act up for.  If she tries to follow you go into your room and lock the door.  Turn on a radio or TV so she knows your having fun and not thinking about her.  Hey, why not take in some snacks?  This really could be fun.  Dr. Laura agrees.