Child makes strange noises
My grandchild is a very intelligent child.  He is seven and can read 193 words a minute.  Our problem is he makes strange noises in class. Yesterday the teacher told us that he is the worst child she has had in all of her 32 years of teaching.   She has even made a remark to him that he needs to get some nerve medicine.  She says he makes noises and sometimes he beats on his chest.  When he was two and three he would look out of the window while riding in the car and start laughing.  When I asked him what he was laughing about he would just say nothing. He does make noises at home and we try to make him aware of this.  I think he is bored and just needs extra work to do.  He has been tested for gifted students, but we moved him to a Christian School and they do not have gifted classes.  I have talked to some of the supervisors at the school board office who he has been around and they say he is above the level that he is being taught.  He has no problem with playing with other children and can hold a conversation with anyone.  Thanks
It sounds like your child had tics or possiblly tourettes.  I have two boys and they both have tourettes....it's not as scarey as it sounds.  The best thing is to take him to a child nourologist and have him diagnosed.  If you put him back in public school, they are required by law to accomidate his tics.  My older son, 7, hits his hands on the desk, grunts, and jumps up and down.  All of this durring class....and the teachers have been so understanding and accomidating!  If they think that he is ticcing a little bit more than usual, then they will ask him if he wants to take a walk around the halls or go to the bathroom so that he can 'release' them.  Government run schools have what is called an IEP set up for kids who need that extra accomidation, whatever it may be.  My school is even going to have a special training program for all the teachers in the school on tourettes and other disorders before the new school year starts.  I would not get this at a private school, as they are not required to do this because they are not government run.  Not one teacher, nor child, at my son's school has made one comment about my son's tourettes, and there were some really bad days that involved head thrashing, whooping, and facial grimaces.  He too is classified as gifted, as are most children with tourettes.  You should check out the tourettes syndrom website and see if you notice any of the other tics.  My son started exhibiting small tics, scrunching his toes and clenching his fingers, when he was 3.