Child Behavior Expert Forum
Child playing with feces

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Child playing with feces

I have been told that it is not common and often times a red flag when a child older than the age of 6 is into the habit of playing with their own feces in private. I am concerned about a student in our school who has been playing with his own feces in the bathroom and smearing it on the walls- he is 7 years old and diagnosed with ADHD (on medication once daily) as well as difficulty with anger management. I am looking for some direction in areas to research, things to recommend to the parents, and verification whether this is a concern of a child this age. And feedback is much appreciated. Thanks much.
Yes, this is absolutely a concern. The advice to the parents is very straightforward. They should arrange an evaluation with a child psychiatrist.
Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to being a community member on such a new-found helpful site. Thank you.
A related discussion, toddlers playing with thier feces was started.