Child Behavior Expert Forum
Child with aggression, and want to hurt himself

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

How can I help my child not to hurt himself or me.  If he must do something like homework and you don't want to give him the answers he will get aggressive and want to hurt me and himself.  He tride to stap himself.  When he was a small he would bumb his head against the wall until it is blue. He is only 8 years old.  After about 10min he is fine and he acts like nothing ever happend.  Please tel me how I can help my child.
Sometimes it is clear that a behavior is a straightforward, 'normal' childhood behavior problem that can be managed by way of a systematic behavioral plan. At other times it is not so clear. The answer to your question depends on the context in which the behavior is occurring. Is the behavior the only problem a child displays? Is the child developing overall in a normal fashion? The behavior certainly indicates that your son's frustraion tolerance and control over aggressive impulses are lacking. But there may be more to the picture, and it would a good idea if her were evaluated by a menatl health professional. See if you can arrange that; you will be helping your son if you do. If you're not sure how to proceed, ask his pediatrician for help with a referral or recommendation.