Child Behavior Community
Childhood trauma?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Childhood trauma?

I'm trying to figure myself out, so to say.  I just overheard a doctor on the radio talking about how young girls will masterbate for comfort because something isn't right in the household.  I remember doing this when I was in kindergarden.  I have no recollection of when I first started this, or how I learned this.  My household was a bit crazy...I remember my parents dropping the F bomb at eachother upstairs when I was in maybe first or second grade.  Other than that I have an extremely splotchy memory of other things that happend when I was younger.  My mom told me, as well as my aunt, that I was strangled by my dad when I was younger.  I even heard that there is a possibility I was sexually abused when I was little.  I remember having a lot of babysitters, nightmares, and not being as social with other kids my age.  My parents divorced when I was in 2nd grade.  From there my dad remarried twice and my mom once.  We have moved around alot and I have had a hard time at the place we just moved to.  I have a hard time taking criticism, harsh statements, tension, and stress from others.  I don't like being rejected...but it happens so much to me.  I've had a hard time keeping jobs at my new hometown...I'm constantly worried, anxious, and paranoid.  Not to mention I have a low self esteem.  I try to be in control of things but often times feel as if I was never in control in the first place...or feel like I'm slipping from any control.  When people say something that I don't like, and when I try to back myself up...oftentimes I feel as if I can't...  I have had a lot of people disrespect me as an individual but I could never bring myself to say what I felt ever.  I have also had suicidal thoughts and tendancies, as well as a history of self inflicted harm...cutting, throwing up (eating disorder), and harmful impulsive behavior.  I'm trying to figure out what type of help I should seek for this, since I have been to doctors and nothing has seemed to help.  I also feel as if others don't like me, or if something is wrong with me.  I have a hard time trusting people, even doctors.  I feel as if they are against me and are going to hurt me or let me down.  Could I have experienced childhood trauma that is causing me to give up and leave certain jobs once tension/criticism start?