Children exploring each others genitals
My 6 year old son told me today that him and his friend (who is the same age and a girl) showed and touched each other's genitals. My son has been very interested in the opposite sex from a very early age. He also kissed a girl in the library earlier in the year. I remember doing similar things when I was a kid, so I thought it was somewhat normal, but when I talked to his friends mom about it she was really concerned that there might be a problem. Now I am feeling a little worried. Is this normal behavior or should I be concerned??
I also remember doing similar things as a child.  I also caught my 4 yr old daughter and her 4 yr old friend (boy) showing each other there private parts.  I did not make hugh deal about it, but I did let them know this was not acceptable behavior.  I told them that was their private parts which meant that no one else should be looking at it.  Only mommy, daddy or your doctor if you were sore or something there.  I told them no one else should be touching their private part ever.  I then distracted them with a favorite toy,and they went on there merry old way. I truely don't think it effected them in any way.  Grandted, I watch them closer now and I put a monitor in the room when I cant be in there.  Just teach the children right from wrong and have a good moral standing, they will most likely abide.